From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:11:16 +0000
        A further tip about bugs is : Do NOT scratch or rub the bites AT ALL - no matter what the
temptation!  If you can learn to ignore bites, they will go away about 5 times as quickly as when
you rub them ( and ANY way is the "wrong" way!!)  - trust me on this one: it takes a bit of
will-power, but is well worth the effort.  Also, i would advise against "skin-so-soft" - it is
fairly effective, but is a toxic soup, especially to anyone who is even Slightly sensitive to
chemicals and/or fragrances!! (my theory is that it smells so terrible even the bugs stay away from it!!)
        Aloe Vera is an excellent salve for bug bites - not the kind of lotion which has say, 20% Aloe, but
the nearly pure stuff - you can get it as a usually-green gel at many drug stores, or in a form
which you can internally as well as externally, at most natural product stores.  It is great for
sun-burn too!!
        O yes - stay away from bananas when in bug country - banana eaters draw flies for miles!!

-Ross M.