From:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:09:59 -0600
Helmut,

No, is the shortest answer.  They (the corporate world) have us trapped
in a never ending life of continued upgrade.  I think most of the
scanners on the market right now require at least Windows 95 and a
Pentium speed chip.  I ran into this problem trying to buy a scanner for
my sister in law who has a 486.  We upgraded her to Windows 95 but she
was still short of the minimum requirements only had 8 meg RAM).  So be
very cautious about getting a scanner.  Check the box the scanner is in
-- it will have a list of minimum requirements.  You might check around
for an older, used flatbed scanner.  Most will produce pretty good
images.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA