From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 01:18:21 -0400
Hello all,

According to those who have been doing it for many years, the 1999 Atlantic
Bay Scallop harvest is the best in recent memory. Now in the 4th week of
the season, there seem to be as many (or more) than the first week. Not
only have I personally found some beauties, but wading in the shallows
often produces a huge harvest of empty shells where expert shuckers have
taken the meat and cast the scallop shells back into the water.

I have many terrific specimens, and I'd like to find someone who lives up
in the northern range of the species (A. irradians irradians) to trade
with. I also wouldn't mind trading some of my Gulf Coast scallop shells
with those who might have the concentricus subspecies from the Atlantic
side.

I would be glad to send a scan of some of my shells to those who are
interested. Please contact me directly at my e-mail address if anyone would
like to strike up a trade. And P.S., I would also trade for other Pectens
if anyone is so inclined.

Thanks in advance. Oh, and one more thing: if any of you Conch-Lers want to
come down to Tallahassee, I'd be more than happy to take you out to the
scallop beds in our boat (there are many other great shells there, as
well!).

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Miller