From:
Paul Drez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 13:38:39 -0600
bHelmut and Maurizio:

To add to Mario's list:

Oliva bathyalis Petuch and Sargent, 1985 - deep water Philippines
Oliva joyceae Petuch & Sargent, 1986 - Solomons
Oliva marquesana Petuch & Sargent, 1986 - deep water Marquesas
Oliva insecta Petuch & Sargent - deep water Philippines (not too sure about
this one, haven't seen the type)
Oliva labuanensis Marrat, 1871 - deep water Indonesia and eastern Malaysia
Oliva lenhilli P & S, 1986 - deep water - Philippines
Oliva spicata variety radix P & S, 1986 - Ecuador (neat shell)
Oliva sp. in P& S, 1986, Plate 20, Figures 13, 14 - deep water off Belize
(would be interested in hearing from anyone who might have one - I believe
it also occurs in very deep water off of Barbados - IT IS NOT A JUVENILE
Oliva reticularis barbadensis.

OOPS! With my species and Maurizio's, Helmut we are up to 11 species
(although one is only a form).  I believe the Oliva (Omogymna) richerti
Kay, 1979 is the rarest of them all!

Paul