From:
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:51:58 -0600
Thanks Gary, some interesting stuff and a great web site on speciation.
Just to throw in my two cents (and heaven only knows why it has taken this
long), a good treatment of evolutionary questions is the very readable book,
"The Beak of the Finch," by Jonathan Weiner.  It is at one time an
interesting story of over 20 years of observation of specific finch
populations in the Galapagos and a lot of other evolutionary thoughts,
experiments, arguements, etc. thrown in around the finch story.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA (a firm believer in evolution but as a S.F.
fan I always hold out hope for the chance of outside intervention -- just to
stir things up)