From:
Ed Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:53:06 -0400
At 02:58 AM 8/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Do not discuss non shell related topics on the
>listserve!!
>Send these discussions to individual e-mails.
>I get way toooooo many e-mails that I have to go through as it is.  And the
>nonsense just clutters up my hard drive and takes up my time.
>I believe this topic has been discussed befor.
>I don't mind if there is one original unrealted message, but any responces
>after that should be directly sent to the individual e-mail.

This is probably a losing battle.  Every so often someone publishes a
similar request;  I did back in March.  Things may improve for a while but
then they degenerate again.  I subscribe to four mailing lists and Conch-L
is the only one in which some members seem incapable of grasping the
concept of on-topic posts.