From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:02:36 -0400
As a sidelight to the seemingly endless topic of evolution, the other side
of the coin might be considered to be Extinction.  (I presume, perhaps
wrongly, that we all are in agreement about Extinction? Though I do seem to
remember something about people once refusing to believe fossils ever were
living creatures, that they were accidents in the rock. !)  This notice of
an ABC News broadcast on extinction, part of a Nightline series,  just came
to my attention. It is airing this Thursday night.  One can hope that it is
not dedicated to the usual  media ambition of scaring the public silly, and
that it offers some interesting information and insight.  Check out the
website, someone...I'm swamped just now.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY