From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:07:42 -0400
There are no deep water nerites to date.  There is one widespread (Pacific)
monotypic genus Pisulina (or something like that, help me out, Harry) that
lives in slightly deeper water than the norm, but still shallow.
Personally, I don't really think it should be assigned to the Neritidae.  I
think it's a real weird naticid, but who knows at this point?

There are many endemic species of marine, brackish and freshwater habitats
in small island groups in the Pacific.  Most of these have been relagated
to the synonomies of more widespread species.  Quite a few of these should
be recognized and easily are on the basis of shell morphology alone.

Harry, what was that species I got on Palau?  This a very good example of a
large (over 1 inch) endemic species usually placed with Nerita undata but
clearly different.

Kurt