From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:43:23 -0600
Peggy Williams,

Sorry to use the list but your server (or something) wouldn't accept e-mail.
I was trying to send a quick note of thanks for the nerites -- it was full
of humor and witicisms (trust me).  But now we will both have to settle for
this public forum as I  thank you for your generousity and try to come up
with something neat about shells so the subject matter cops don't get too
worked up.

Hey, I know.  I agree with whoever said "keep those shelling reports coming
in."  They are interesting and fun to read (especially from a landlocked
perspective) and I think most of us find a shelling trip (even a vicarious
one) to be one of the more enjoyable things going on in this hobby.  I just
read an excellant article in the "Shell-O-Gram," (the Jacksonville Shell
Club newsletter) entitled "From 'Your Mantle Is Up!' to Treasures on my
Mantle" by Karen Vander Ven.  I also read it in "The Capsule," (the
Astronaut Trail Shell Club newsletter) where I believe it was originally
published.  Worth two reads anyway.  I bring this up because as I was
reading this adventure I was seeing images provided at the COA convention by
briefers like Peggy with these wonderful slides of their shelling trip
(Peggy's was Belieze if I remember correctly).  So a double thanks Peggy as
you help bring to life some one else's shelling trip.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA