From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:49:00 -0700
Re, smelly ones.

How do you find customs at airports, etc, are with the smelly shells?
Last time I came back from Mexico, via LA, my bags were searched and
the lady in customs was rather annoyed with me. Have you ever had them
confiscated for such reasons? Bringing dead smelly biological material
over the border...

>On trips, I always carry several sizes of zip-lock bags. Anything that
>smells goes into one which goes into another and usually a third. That
>keeps the smell from permeating youir trip. When I get home, I undo the
>bags and the smell pours out and impregnates the carpet. But that's
>alright---as an impregnated carpet often gives birth to two or three
>throw rugs.
>        Anon

Peter Egerton, Vancouver, Canada
Collector of worldwide Mollusca