From:
Jose Eduardo de Alencar Moreira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 19:03:28 -0300
Erick,

It's a pity that nobody spent a couple of minutes to answer your message.

To receive a box full of shells from a dealer or from a friend that you
trade shells is exciting for sure, but nothing compared with self collected
shells.

I don't have good stories, but each self collected shell I have remembers me
stories. It remembers me each trip I did, together with lot's of small great
moments. That's one of the reasons I keep collecting. And living land locked
in Brasilia, more than 700 miles far from the sea, that's why next Saturday
I'm leaving for a two week vacation where I'll collect some more great
moments that are also shells.

They remind me a cold beach in California, a sea fan in the Berries
(Bahamas), a dive in a 100 year old wreck in Recife, a shark encounter in
Noronha (last April), a large Terebra taurina buried in sand in Alagoas, an
almost world record Cittarium pica collected in Cartagena, the fear I felt
in a 1 foot visibility dive and the Siratus I found in that dive, ... No
good stories but tons of great moments.

Even with all this silence, we are not alone, you bet. Does anyone would
like to share their moments/stories with us?

All the best,

Eduardo Moreira
Brasilia, Brazil