From:
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:06:33 -0600
Hey Lynn,

No offense taken, I do handle reptiles -- I just do it with a clear head and
without any fervor, religious or otherwise.  In fact I'll be headed south
next month to introduce a bunch of kids to the reptiles found in the state
and maybe convince them these critters have as much right to exist here as
we do.  However, I can not be the one to blame for any computer whoes.  I
stand in awe, if not a bit of fear of these machines.  Ever since my
Netscape browser self-destructed, causing me to lose an in-basket much like
yours, I have been very polite to this machine and no longer call it those
terrible names I used to use.  I will pass on that keeping a pile of stuff
"to go through later" in the in-basket is a true sign of inefficiency and
lack of organization -- at least that is what I was told.  I still do it.
By the way, one side benefit of dumping your in-basket -- mine now has only
48 e-mails piled up.  So I feel much more efficient.  Sounds like you even
have me beat right now!

Remember, if you want any more free but worthless advice, I'm always here.

Oops, almost forgot to mention shells.  In all of the talk about giving a
collection to a museum or letting the kids sell it out of the garage, I
didn't see anything about giving it to your shell club.  I know this has
helped several clubs and would at least ensure your specimen shells did not
end up as decorations in some flower pot.

And that's it.  Have to sign off and give this machine a chance to rest up.
Wouldn't want to overwork it or get it angry.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA