From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:33:10 -0600
Nora,

We also have the benefits of really nice weather -- no hurricanes.
Although the last two days have been a bit hazy.  The US Forest Service
decided to do a controlled burn of 6,000 acres in the mountains just north
of here.  The smoke has flowed down into the valley in the evenings and by
dawn it is pretty thick.  The warmth of the sun and a bit of wind clear it
out by noon, but it has been less than pleasant.

I have been working on a bit of an identification problem with Ficus howelli
and Ficus atlanticus.  I was wondering if anyone on Conch-L had a Ficus
howelli from the Cuba area they could scan and send via e-mail.  All of the
ones I have encountered lately have been from Columbia and are suspect as to
identity.  If you have one and can scan it please send it to [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA