From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:24:55 -0300
        Just thought some of you might want to know just what happens to
hurricanes once they lose steam and head north!  Well, we get them up
here in good old Atlantic Canada - we call them the "tail end" of the
hurricane, and usually they are pretty tame by the time they mosey on
up - a bit of wind, some branches down on the path to the outhouse, a
couple of inches of rain and they slink on out into the frigid wastes
of the North Atlantic, never to be seen again!  Right now we are
enjoying the storm formerly known as Irene - Temp was 57 F last nite:
i was temped to go for a midnight swim!!  Now, however, it has morphed
into a cold, hard rain which the weather-guy is warning might become
wet snow (that's slush from the sky!) in some parts of the province
tonite.  Something tells me we aren't in summertime anymore.
        For anyone thinking of coming up to see me sometime, the leaves that
are left on the trees this time of year are VERY colorful - and none
of them has turned blue so far!
All yours in Canada,
Ross.