From:
Alan Kohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2015 14:10:54 -0800
When I wrote 'Conus of the Southeastern United States and Caribbean,' I gave
105 mm as the maximum reported size (p. 346) based on the 6th edition of
'Registry of World Record Size Shells" by Barbier, Quiquandon and Santini
(2009) (see also p. 37). Their record was listed for C. spurius atlanticus
from Florida. If any one has information on a larger one, I could mention it
in an electronic supplement. The longest shell I encountered in my study was
97 mm, from off Egmont Key, Florida Gulf Coast, in the American Museum of
Natural History, and illustrated on Plate 97, fig. 12 .

Alan