From:
Michael Gangloff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:29:09 -0500
Doubtful that's an Anodonta (umbos above the hinge line eliminate that possibility).  A. suborbiculata is the only member of the genus in the midwest and I can say with relative certainty that its not A. suborbiculata.  Beyond that, its hard to say what you have there.  I'd need to see the inside of the shell to make any kind of a call.  Kevin Cummings would probably be the best judge since we're talking midwestern mussels here (you out there Kevin?).  Other pics are certainly Corbicula.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael Gangloff, Ph.D.
Invertebrate Collections Manager
Auburn University Museum and Natural History Learning Center
101 Cary Hall
Auburn University, Alabama 36849
Voice:(334)844-7345
Cell:(334)332-1533
Fax:(334)844-4065
>>> [log in to unmask] 10/12/05 9:50 PM >>>
Hy Bob,

The large clam looks like Anadonta (or Anadontites but im not
sure they live there). The others seem Corbicula to me.

Regards,
Fabio.

Promoção Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: a cada hora navegada você acumula cupons e concorre a mais de 500 prêmios! Participe! http://yahoo.fbiz.com.br/