From:
Philip Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:01:25 -0500
Dear Emilio,

While your records from Louisiana may indicate the forms are sympatric,
several lots from one area does not a general conclusion warrant.
My experience with literally hundreds of lots between Cape Romano and
Pensacola is that they are not. Try finding N. duplicata in a West Florida
bay.
If your high-spired forms have the distinctive umbilicus, these records
might be extensions of the known range of N. fossata. Please let us know.
Thanks.