From:
Betty Jean Piech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 14:13:21 -0500
Dear Conch-Lers:  Ross wrote a very helpful email about addresses, and I
have just a little I would like to add to that.

Over a year ago I wrote to Amy Edwards complaining that when I sent for a
list of Conch-L members it took me forever to find the person I wanted,
cause I had to go through the list name by name.  I would like to share
with you the very helpful and prompt response I got.

Amy wrote me "You can use a modifier to have the list that the review
command builds re-ordered before it is sent to you."  To keep this from
being too long, and possibly confusing,I am just sending you the three of
her commands that I have used.  If you want more information you can
contact Amy.
***********************************
To get the list sent alphabetically by name write the command

REVIEW CONCH-L BY NAME

This should get you a list by the users names - however this may not be
totally accurate due to the user names the subscribers entered when they
subscribed.

***********************************
To get the list sent back by country write the command

REVIEW CONCH-L BY COUNTRY

This should send back a list sorted by country code - this is not totally
accurate because all addresses that end in "com" are counted as being from
the USA and that is not true.

***********************************
You can even combine requests as asking for the list sent back alphabetical
by name within each country.

REVIEW CONCH-L BY (COUNTRY NAME)

Amy wrote that the problems with the country codes and users names are
beyond her abilities to correct, however, the resulting lists are fairly
accurate.  I usually send for an updated list by name every two or three
months and find them very useful.

Hope the above has been of some help.

Betty Jean, Tall One

Betty Jean Piech