From:
Cynthia Trowbridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2001 00:06:28 -0700
Dear Conchologists,

Please note that the Western Society of Malacologists' annual conference
will be in San Diego June 20-24, 2001. We have 3 exciting symposium
scheduled:

1. Opisthobranch Symposium, a Festschrift in honor of the 50th Anniversary
of the death of Frank Mace MacFarland.  For more information, contact Dr.
Angel Valdes (at the California Academy of Sciences:
[log in to unmask]) or Dr. Hans Bertsch ([log in to unmask]).
Participants will include: Lance, Carlson, Goddard, R. Johnson, P.M.
Johnson, Trowbridge, Medina, Arnold, Wight, Valdes, and CAS folks.

2. Paleontology Symposium; contact Dr. Hans Bertsch ([log in to unmask])
or Dr. George Kennedy.

3. Latin American Malacology Symposium.  Organized by Dr. Jorge Caceres,
CICESE, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.  Information and comments
should be sent to him:  [log in to unmask]

Prof. Paul Dayton from Scripps will be our after-banquet dinner speaker on
June 23rd. There will also be a special Geology Field Trip to the
Ensenada, Baja California region, led by Miguel Tellez; on the day after
the closure of the meetings, 24 June (with a special dinner at Haliotis,
one of Ensenada's finest-but reasonably priced-restaurants).

Registration rates are:

WSM member $60
non-member $80
student $40
one-day $25
late fee $20

For more information, please contact Hans Bertsch ([log in to unmask])

Please send your registration form (with check) to Cynthia Trowbridge
([log in to unmask]) and your abstract to Hans Bertsch
([log in to unmask]).  Room rates at the Ramada Inn and Conference Center
are guaranteed through May 28th. We hope to see you there!

Cynthia Trowbridge
WSM Treasurer

Oregon State University