From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:39:40 +0000
I heartily agree with Phil - it is a wonderful thing for people to
express their sympathies and condolances using the list, but to turn it
into a fourm for political  debate, even of the most civil sort, would
be a mistake: in trying times it is quite theraputic and nessessary to
have "havens" - places where life can continue as normal.  Hopefully,
Conch-l can be such a place.  That said, i hope that we can provide
sanctuary for bivalves, chitons, Monoplacophora and shell-building
scaphopods as well as the ubiquitous snail.....

-Ross Mayhew.

"Philip L. Poland" wrote:

Can we look to Conch-L as a haven from this horrific subject? While the
expressions of sympathy and friendship are truly appreciated, please,
let's talk snails. Many of us need the normalcy of it.