From:
"José H. Leal" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:44:31 -0400
Dear Ms. Lawson,

We will be sending you via UPS Ground tomorrow the two books you ordered in
July. In addition, to compensate for all the trouble, we are including a
copy of the Eyewitness Books Guide to Shelling, a best-seller in the Museum
store. The missing books were apparently sent to you via US Post Office
First Class, but we have no way of tracing them now. In any event, we made
a mistake, and are ready to rectify it. The Shell Museum Store has been
successfully in business for more than six years, and its mail order
operation has had so far an immaculate record (only two cases of damaged
merchandise). I sincerely hope this answer is satisfactory to you. Given
the non-profit status of the Shell Museum, which counts on a great deal of
public support of all kinds for its very existence, the Shell Museum cannot
afford to loose your patronage and goodwill.

Sincerely,

José H. Leal, Ph.D., Director

The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
Editor, The Nautilus