From:
Irene Longley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 21:41:43 -0400
I never heard the story of the Hard Hat, but I can just picture Walter and
the look he must have had on his face when he found it and inspected the
bidding sheet.  Walter was a wonderful person.  One Thanksgiving he came
down to Florida and was staying at Vivienne's (Smith) and since our family
was getting together for dinner at our place, we had the pleasure of
Walter's company . It was a delightful time, all our family enjoyed meeting
him.  My only regret was that I did not know he enjoyed Scotch.  Well, the
following week I made sure I got some for the next time he was there.  I
can guess he and Vivienne are looking down on all the goings on ----  I
hope so.  We miss them both.

Irene Longley