From:
Thomas Clenche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 02:28:29 +0000
Hello List

2 things tonight;
First, i have obtained a used digital camera, a 1.3 megapixel fuji mx-1200 .
It lacks many features like zoom, but using binoculars, i have gotten great
zoom pics with it, i am sure that microscopes and other things can be
adapted as well. You just have to use a little imagination and do not let
people tell you that it will not work, they told me that about the crazy
binocular idea for proof that it works go to
http://community.webshots.com/user/tclenche

so far i am only doing distance shots with the binoculars, but i intend to
try my microscope next!

the fuji has a faster capture than some of the other brands so it has less
motion blurring. It also has a macro setting that lets you focus as close as
4 inches to the subject, good for medium sized shells.

My second topic is a question.  I have obtained some small aluminium cases,
round with class tops. they are quite nice to look at. What i am wondering
is if there is any problem with placing shells in these cases? do shells and
aluminium get along ok?
thanks to all in advance
Thomas Clenche
Petley, Random Island, Newfoundland.