From:
Eduardo Moreira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 12:51:52 -0300
GOOOOD afternoon to all Conch-Lers,

> It is with great pleasure that we announce the arrival of Elizabeth
Louise
> Roux to the United States. She was born in Hubei, China on May 26, 1997
and
> adopted by us on May 13, 1998.
First of all, Howard, congratulations!! Maybe Elizabeth was not only
adopted on May 13, maybe it can be considered as the date she was born
again and definitly. If you don't know, women are, in China, second class
citizens. Female orphans can be worse than that. They are left to die in
several Chinese institutions.

Give her all love you have. She deserves it! One more time,
congratulations.

Shell related questions:

1) What is the year Calliostoma zizyphinum va. conuloides (Lamarck, ****)
was described?

2) What is the valid name: Lunatia catena (da Costa, 1778), as in Gert
Lindner's book or Polinices catena (da Costa, 1778), as in Abbott's
Compendium?

3) Is Lunatia nitida (Donovan, 1804) a valid specie?

4) What is the valid name: Capulus hungaricus (Linnaeus, 1767), as in Gert
Lindner's book or Capulus ungaricus (Linnaeus, 1767), as in Abbott's
Compendium?

Cheers,

Eduardo Moreira
SQS 104 Bl.D apt.504