From:
Geoff Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 22:13:31 +1000
David,
The intertidal specimen of C parthenopeum was by my recollection heavily
worn and encrusted (seen 20 years ago and not collected). Its periostracum
was worn but recognizable.
I did however collect a few specimens from further north at Jervis Bay
(before protected) and had one smaller (?younger) specimen that had no
significant encrustations. The larger specimen had multiple small coralline
encrustations mostly on the periostracum itself and therefore relatively
easy to remove
Geoff