From:
Joy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:21:58 -0500
Thank you Rick, this information is appreciated.  I was vaguely aware of
California regulations but hadn't had time to do any searching.

Thanks again
Joy

At 11:23 PM 8/8/02 +0800, you wrote:
>Joy
>
>Here is the California Fish and Game regulation on Collecting Invertebrates:
>
>Tidal invertebrates may not be taken in any tidepool or other areas
between the high tide mark (defined as Mean Higher High Tide) and 1,000
feet seaward and lateral to the low tide mark (defined as Mean Lower Low
Water).

>There are a lot of exceptions, see this link for all of the details (page 20)
>
>http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fg_comm/oceanfish02web.pdf
>
>Cheers
>
>Rick

M. Joy Johnson