From:
Chris Vos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:12:26 +0200
Sorry Paul, can't help you on that one. We are looking for a craftsman here
as well to get them (for the Tonna's and large Ficus).

I got lucky yesterday, however, and that might be an idea as an "in
between":

When I went to the jewelers to get a strap for my wife's whatch, he opened
up a cupboard with all small drawers - about 1 cm high and about 20 cm by
20cm - with the straps in them.
When I said "I could do with one of those", he just looked up and ran to the
back. He came back with a cupboard with a glass door, about 50 cm high, 30
cm wide, containing 22 drawers as mentioned above. It had a glass door in a
wooden frame, which was slightly dirty (that's why he was getting rid of
it). He let me have it for free, and when I got home, I was able to clean
the frame with some "white spirit". Ok, the drawers need a bit of work -
smoothing the surfaces and putting the black velvet sticky paper in it - but
I think that was one of the best bargains ever.

As I said above, it might do as an "in between" depending on the shells you
collect, but it's quite ideal for my Propeamussiums, or for micro's,
bivalves (Tellinidae, solecurtidae, Corbulidae, .. and so on), Littorina's,
Trochidae (Calliostoma and such)... and so on.

Well, it's just an idea,

Chris