From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:25:48 +1300
>#10 - WHOA!!  Yes, juvenile - but it sure doesn't look like a juvie
>of any of the common species. The spiral sculpture between the axial
>ribs give it a certain resemblance to Austroharpa loisae, but I
>don't really think it is that species.  Beats me!

I think it's a Harpa, not Austroharpa, but the spiral cords are most
unusual. Could be a new species, but an intergeneric hybrid certainly
isn't out of the question (not common in molluscs but common in
orchids and occurs in baleen whales). Or do all juvenile Harpa have
spiral cords? I have to admit that I've never seen one before.

--
Andrew Grebneff
165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand