From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 09:31:02 -0500
I asked about this before to one of the board members, the answer I
received was that Mr. Paul was taking Lens' place in selling Lens' shells.
What I have not been able to understand is: Since Len is no longer with us,
the shells no longer belong to him.  Mr Paul is not a C.O.A. member and it
is a little late to get in the 6 months now.  Since we cannot sublease the
tables, how can this happen?  If this is allowed to happen, from then
forward, anyone should be able to sell shells at the bourse with out
belonging to C.O.A.  We had this problem some years back, it was stopped
them and it should be stopped now.  As a few people know, I do not normally
stock the shells that I try to get just for the bourse.  If this is allowed
to happen, the boourse will surely decline, dealers will not come  and try
to sell to a large number of extra "dealers"  It will allow anyone that
wants to get rid of shells to have a place at the bourse, and this is
wrong.  Imagine what would happen if all the dealers would sublease a part
of their tables.  MESS   I myself do not have a problem competeing with
other dealers, but maybe 100s'?  This is what it could come to!  Come on
dealers, stand up and be counted.  Or don't you care?  John Bernard