Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:53:53 -0500
Thanks Paul.  I received your PDF file with the article.  It will take some
time to digest.  As you know I am a layperson* in this matter and my
presentations are intended to reflect my understanding and integration of
material into a format and grouping for my use and now to share with other
lay-collectors.  I know I make errors for lack of my scientific/technical
training, and that is why I request and appreciate comments from the Conch-L
membership that includes so many with such training.  The content on my
website is edited and updated as a result of these comments.

Marlo

*Definition: non-expert; someone who is not a professional person; amateur.
The term layman originated from the use of the term laity, but over the
centuries, changed definition to mean "a person who is a non-expert in a
given field of knowledge."  The concept of describing something in layman's
terms has come into wide use. It means to describe a complex or technical
issue in terms that the average individual (someone without professional
training in the subject area) can understand.