From:
Deborah Duval <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:33:44 -0600
Hi Susan--

I too need a correction in my mask, and have found the very easiest thing is to wear my contacts with an uncorrected mask.  I note that you wear bifocals, which I also need, and I wear one lense for distance and one lense for close, and it works perfectly.  Before I graduated to contact lenses, I had my prescription ground into the glass of the mask rather than adding on lenses to the glass.  I am very prone to motion sickness and found that having the prescription in the mask instead of on my eyes made me queasy.  I strongly recommend the contact lense correction.  I have never lost a lense snorkeling.  (Knock on wood!)

Good luck.

Debbie Duval

>>> "Susan O'Connor" <[log in to unmask]> 1/30/2008 8:07 AM >>>
Hello all; I am a novice collector going on my first abroad shelling trip
and need a new mask,snorkel and fins for snorkeling.  I now need a mask
with prescription lenses.  My question is do I get the type that has the
lenses bonded to the inside of the mask or do I get the type where the
glass in the mask is the lense?  It has been over 20 years since I've been
snorkeling.  My eyesight has changed drasticaly and I now wear bifocals
perpetualy. My prescription is fairly high. I do not plan on snorkeling in
deep water.  It's like starting all over for me with all the new gear
available. Dry snorkel? Fins? I'm short and heavy. Anyone out there with
my same issues?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Susan