Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:48:53 -0500
Over the past few months I've posted appeals for different Fissurellidae
found in Florida to support creation of an identification presentation.  The
presentation is now completed for Diodora, Lucapina and Lucapinella.  I say
"completed" in the sense that something has been posted for the species in
each of these genera.  However, I was not able to obtain Florida
representations for all species and only one or two specimens for some.  So,
I'd still like to hear from collectors with Florida specimens of these
genera for sale, trade or loan so that the Florida representation and
variability of these species can be illustrated.

I could not have created this presentation without the very generous help of
others.  In particular, I want to thank several Conch-Lers who responded to
my appeals and provided specimens, advice and information, and critical
reviews of drafts.  Very much appreciation to Harry Lee (Jacksonville, FL),
Tom Watters (Ohio State University), John Wolff (Lancaster, PA), and Marcus
Coltro (Femorale).

For those who would like to see the "semi-finished" products, here are the
links.

http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=924
(Diodora)
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=982
(Lucapina)
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Conchologist_Forum/index.php?showtopic=1016
(Lucapinella)

The plan is to also treat Fissurella of Florida.  So, I would again appeal
for help from those who have Florida specimens of F. nodosa, fascicularis or
punctata.

Marlo