From:
Eddy WILMET <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:55:46 -0400
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:26:17 -0400, He Jing <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Although I am a Chinese shell dealer, I have to agree with Wilmet, Caution
>is needed when you do business with Chinese shell dealers.
>
>I do like shells and like shelling people all over the world, I think I
>have to tell something about "Chinese shell dealer"
>
>1) No full time professional shell dealer but me  in China.
>2) All Chinese dealers in shellauction and ebay began their business for
>not over 3 years.
>3) I sent mails to many Chinese shell dealers, but got no reply. I have no
>way to get touch with some dealers. Shell dealers are living in east
>China, for example, Zhejiang province, Fujian province, Guangdong
>Province , Beijing and Dalian, I visit this places every year, When I call
>some dealers to visit them, I was refused
> For European, American, I have to tell you something, maybe it is helpful
>for you.
>4) When you decide to buy a big batch of shells from a Chinese shell
>dealer, you'd better asked if the shell dealer buy your shells ? Most of
>Chinese shell dealers don't like shells, they don't live on shell
>business, they don't buy a shell from oversea, what they do is to make
>some money in their spare time. I visited a shell dealer in Fujian
>province last year, he didn't have one book on shells, he copied shell
>name from internet. If he can make a lot money by a fraud offer, I think
>he would not mind changing an ID in shellauction or ebay.
>5) More and more fisherman know the famous cowries such as C.hirasei now,
>is not cheap to buy them from fisherman. Some European and American
>collectors asked me shells at the price lower than what I got from
>fisherman. if other people can agree with your ultro-low-price, then
>caution is needed.
>
>By the way, Mr.Wilmet, can you post the postal address of the "man" here ?
>Maybe I can find the true man
>
>Best Regards
>
>He Jing

>[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on molluscs
>To leave this list, click on the following web link:
>http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1
>Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and
>click leave the list.

He presented himself to us as  Kouhi Gen but when we checked who collected
the payment or shipped the shells to us we came up with different ID.

This is the information we have on him:

Shipping was done from:

MEILIANTONG
XINGREN CO LTD

HUYI GONGLU (2623 2-104 COULD BE CUSTOMER CODE OR POSTAL CODE)

SHANGHAI
REPUBLIC of CHINA

Payment was collected (Western Union) by:

WANCHUN ZHANG
ROOM 2-2-502
NANHU GARDEN
LIQUN ROAD
GAOMI
WEIFANG

POSTAL CODE 261500
SHADONG PROVINCE
REPUBLIC of CHINA

PHONE NUMBER: (0086) 53 62 36 08 57

ID NUMBER (USED IN A WESTERN UNION AGENCY): 370202195004152619
Any information on the real person behind this fraud would be appreciated
as we’re thinking of making an official complaint through Chinese Consular
Services