From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:26:13 -0800
Hi Leslie, Vermiculite is probably not an option any more.  Unfortunately
asbestos also occurred naturally with the mica that was processed to make
the vermiculite insulation.  Many of the workers and people who lived in the
town of Libby, MT, USA have been sickened by the asbestos exposures.  The
company that owned the plant has been forced into bankruptcy as a result of
all the damage claims.  Better stick with popcorn, salt or detergent.  Bert
Bartleson