From:
Adrienne Jochum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:23:56 +0100
Dear Pacific Northwest Shell Club Members,

As a former PNWSC member (and Club Vice President - early 1980's), I wanted
to reconnect with you in light of my current research here in Germany. I am
performing phylogenetic and phylogeographic studies on the minute ellobiid
terrestrial snail Carychium. Is there a member amongst you who would
recognize a Carychium if he/she saw one? Would any of you be willing to
collect some live for me? Although it is winter, they are incredibly hardy
and I just found some (Carychium minimum) last week here in Germany under
frosty branches near a stream. Basically, I need them preserved in 96%
ethanol. If interested, please contact me. If I can send you any European
shells in kind, I will gladly do so.

I look forward to hearing from you.

In the meantime, Happy Holidays.

Best Regards,

Adrienne (Thevenet) Jochum

Institute for Ecology, Evolution and Diversity
Goethe University
Siesmayerstrasse 70
60321 Frankfurt am Main
Germany