From:
GARY FREDRICKSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:03:02 -0700
Hi All,
Sorry for appending this to an existing thread but the computer was not happy at trying to get to the home page.
Spring is only approaching up here in northern Wisconsin which means increases in relative humidity. For space reasons some of the collection is in the basement. Winter is not a problem because the air is so dry but the warmer months require a dehumidifier. Mine can be set to maintain a certain level. My question is what is a safe humidity level for the shells before you start getting disease problems. Clearly the few extra bucks to let it run constantly are nothing compared to the cost of the shells but I'm still curious about what museum collections or even private collections consider an optimum humidity level. Thanks.
Gary