From:
Sheila Tagaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:32:40 +0800
Dear All,

More on the genera in Conus: I “heard” that M. Tenorio is working
extensively on the subject, combining several topics such as the
radula, molecular data, shell shapes etc…

Wait and see. The job is long overdue.

To confuse Conus lovers a little more: look attentively and compare
Conus gloriamaris with Conus ammiralis: they are VERY close, remove
the black bands from the C. ammiralis, and you get “almost” the
pattern from C. gloriamaris. Watch also the shape of the shoulder and
the spire. But Gabriella told me they are definitely not related…. And
she is more expert than me in these shells.

Best regards,

Guido