From:
Thomas Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:10:06 -0600
As I correspond with various friends across the globe, research old volumes,
and dig through various web sites, I often find it necessary to translate
German, Dutch, French, Spanish, etc. into English.  I wish I was comfortable
with the various languages found on the Internet and around the globe, but
alas I am not.  I used to use Altavista to translate for me (and still do
for som applications), but I now have a great program that makes translation
much quicker and easier.  This program resides on my desktop and will
translate almost any windows product.  This means I can run a translation of
email, web sites, or Word documents.  I just highlight the text to be
translated, hit two buttons on my keyboard, and presto, I have a translation
(using the Goggle translator I believe).  The product is a free download and
is called Dicter.  It can be found at: http://dicter.net/  As you read this,
the machine sitting in front of you or on your lap or even in one hand, can
be frustrating as all get out, but at the same time it has opened
unimaginable doors.  I used to have my daughter translate French for me, I
stumbled through Spanish on my own, and a good friend helped with German.
Now I can do this and much more with a couple of key strokes.

au revoir, adios, vaarwel, Auf Wiedersehen, arrivederci, αντίο, さようなら, 안녕,
adeus, до свидания, 再见, goodbye...

Tom Eichhorst in hot (but dry) New Mexico