From:
Dennis sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:10:46 -0400
Subject: RE: [CONCH-L] Endangered Species Act-SELLING OF CITES SP ON EBAY

Dear David,

        I totally agree. My work with Florida Fish and Wildlife and several
other organizations has been totally voluntary (unpaid). My time and my
money go to support legitimate conservation work.

        The two organizations HSUS and PETA have bought and paid for
politicians throughout this country and they have used their influence to
try to stop those who actually study, do research and work with animals.
There are also a number of fringe, domestic terrorists, like "Born Free" and
the "Animal Defense Fund" that have actually purposely released and "found"
dangerous wildlife, only to create a media incident to try to influence
legislation.

        I also served as a member of the Central Florida Domestic Security
Task Force for several years. There are a lot more of these emotion driven,
unscientific groups and they too consider themselves "activists". Our task
is to separate the good from the bad before we provide our support, either
in time or funding.

Best wishes,

Dennis Sargent