From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 03:47:40 -0700
Olivier,

Just a guess: if Julia is inequivalve, then
perhaps the right valve falls off the dead animal
first and is lost in deeper water, while the left
valve stays attached to the animal longer and is
washed into shallow water along with it. Or
perhapse the right valve is more delicate and
disintegrates faster (similar to what I
experience with Pododesmus on my coast; you often
find the thicker valve in the beach drift but
rarely see the thinner valve). Just guessing.

Peter