From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:14:18 -0400
In a similar vein, there is Mattheson Hammock county park and preserve
right next door to Fairchild, more or less. If I recall correctly
there is a big man-made swimming lagoon that has Batillaria minima and
the little dwarf Kings crowns that feed on them. Also, if you want to
drive a little further west  there is the fruit and nut and spice park
north of Homestead which is interesting and an "Old Fashioned" tourist
spot (and a bonafide county park too, I believe) ..the exact  name
escapes me but if you google "homestead fruit and spice park" it
should come right up.