From:
Thomas Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:20:07 -0600
Aydin,

I might add to this to test the bleach solution first on just a couple of
shells to make sure it doesn't harm the periostracum and then after drying
the shells you might want to rub some mineral oil or silicone lubricant on
them to help maintain the perio.  I have also used WD-40 - a test I have
been running since the 1990s).  So far it seems to work well with no
discoloration.

Tom E.