From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:37:58 -0500
It is now listed as federally endangered, as well as endangered in
Georgia.  Whether that will protect it from Atlanta sprawl, pollution,
etc. is an open question.  It would be highly prudent to have as much
documentation as possible for an old specimen to prove that it
originated before the listing.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Everett or Nancy Long
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have a friend looking for a specimen of Elliptio spinosa. I believe it
> might be protected from collecting today, but I am hoping someone may have
> an extra from an old collection. If you do and would like to trade or sell,
> please contact me.
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Everett or Nancy Long

Dr. David Campbell