From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:22:54 -0500
Thanks, David, I'll be happy to wait. If this shell is from Panama, I'm sure my shells are not this subspecies, since they are all from San Carlos and Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. But I'd really love to see the comparison.

---- David Lum <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dale,

     If you can wait a week, I can send you some comparison photos with with aequinoctialis and regular annettae side by side.  Once your eye "tunes" to them, they're pretty easy to sort out.  There is also an intermediate form that I've found is much rarer than either one of the formally described ones.

Aloha,
Dave