From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2013 18:05:46 -0400
H'ray! I have Oliva spicata from around San Carlos and guaymas, and I think my olives from Rocky Point may also be O. spicata. Your artilce should clear up some fuzzies for me.  Thanks, Maruizio.

Dale Snyder

---- "Maurizio A. Perini" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

=============
Dear friends,

just a brife note to inform the Oliva-lovers that a new article is ready to be download
on my website: www.theoliva.it

Oliva spicata (Röding, 1798). Part one.
Iconography of adiacent populations in the Cortezan Subprovince,
intraspecific variability and recent taxonomic history.

Abstract:

In Tropical West America, Oliva spicata (Röding, 1798) is found in
a series of small, adjacent,

morphologically recognizable populations that will
be considered here as geographic forms.

Eighteen of these forms, coming from
the same number of localities, are illustrated.

Furthermore, in order to
evaluate the intraspecific variability of Oliva
spicata, two populations

found about 500 km. distant from each other are
morphologically compared.

Hoping you enjoy it, I wish you a nice weekend !!

Maurizio.

Maurizio A. Perini
Contrada Zausa, 4
36015 St.Caterina di Schio
(Vicenza) I T A L YÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
phone : +39.0445.635141
e-mail : [log in to unmask]

Do you love shells ? Visit my website at:Â  Â http://www.theoliva.it