Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 20:15:24 -0400
John,

My preference is the Olympus Stylus TG series. I have a TG-2 and TG-3. The
Stylus TG-4 just came out. The features listed are 16mp, F2.0 lens, can be
submerged to 15m, dropped 2 meters, operates to -10 degrees centigrade,
and is crushproof (100kg). One of the main differences that I see between
the TG-3 and TG-4 is while they both take JPEG images the TG-4 also saves
in the RAW format.

The feature that I especially like is the stacking feature. In microscopic
mode, it will take 8 images and merge them into a single image. Its not
perfect but pretty good.

The lens is 25-100mm (35mm equivalent) and there are wide angle and
telephoto converters. Lastly, you can purchase a ring diffuser which acts
like a ring flash.

I have no stock, investments, etc in Olympus; just like their TG series of
cameras. It is the camera that I carry when I travel.

>>> On Apr 21, 2015, at 11:27 AM, John Varner <[log in to unmask]
>>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> coolpix model AW120.  My daughter's beau is a "camera nerd" and after
>>> researching what was available, advised my wife to get this one.
>>>

>>> - John

>>> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 07:57:06 -0700
>>> From: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>>> Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Camera rigging while shell hunting?
>>> To: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>>>
>>> John
>>> Which model Coolpix do you have?
>>> Cheers
>>> Rick

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm

Treasurer
American Malacological Society

Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Associate Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine