From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 22:17:27 -0400
more regarding sizes of ribbed mussels....

All the specimens I have seen from the west coast of FL (Sanibel area)
 were quite small.

I have local (New York) specimens of G. demissa that are just over
126mm, from a  local salt marsh on the south shore of Long Island
where they grow quite large.

Les Crnkovic took me to an area in Galveston TX for large granosissima
about two years ago, we got a few as big as 127.3mm that day; Les may
have larger specimens from prior years there.