From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 20:47:14 -0400
Esteemed shellstalkers,

I think we discussed this several years ago but I don't know that it would help me if I searched the archives: what to wear that's durable and comfortable.

I'd had water shoes that are fairly durable and comfortable...until the first largish piece of gravel or shell fragment gets in.

Currently, I've got very thick-soled sandals that enable me to clamber over sharp, "iron-shore" rock with no damage to the soles and they can be immersed in salt water without problems.

The rub for me is when I walk some distance (to the end of an island, for instance). The fabric straps chafe my feet until they start to bleed.

I'm sure y'all have solved this admirably. How?

David Kirsh
Durham, NC

Sent from my iPhone