Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 14:03:03 -0500
ferreter wrote:

> Good morning all,
> Have enjoyed the discussion on color and pattern variation.
> May I ask if anyone here can recomend a new site for our clubs annual field
> trip to marathon. For many years we visited money key but the last few
> trips have proved fruitless.  Our criteria is that the site must have some
> dry land as we don't have the boats to support open ocean dive / snorkle
> trips and need to have a spot where in case of emergency can leave persons
> for a short period of time. Any help with this matter would be appreciated.
> Thank you for your time and an early "happy Valentine's " to all. mark

Hey Mark, just happened to be checking messages here at work (shhh!) I
camped at a place called Long Pine Key Campground (I think that's the
name) down in that area, several years back. As I remember it had lots
of nice beach exposure, rocks, flats and a variety of habitats close
together.  Although it was a campground, it was opened to the public for
day and evening picnics etc.  The most beautiful place in the keys to
see the stars also.  I was not a sheller back then so I can't comment
any further on that but I do believe it would be worth checking out. We
hope to one day but won't be going anytime soon. Good Luck..Michael