From:
Michel Hendrickx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:31:30 -0700
Dear Colleagues

I am reporting a second record (so it seems) of a rare deep-water
species in the northern Gulf of California collected during one of my
cruises.

The species is Abyssotrophon lorenzoensis (Durham, 1942) (originally
described in Trophon).

According to the original description and WoRMS web-site, part of the
types is  deposited at the Berkeley Paleontology Museum (Univ. of
California).

This was confirmed with the online dBase (holo and one paratype
registered in the Paleo Museum; the second paratype was kept in the
private collection of AM Strong).

Holotype (catalogue 14798) and one of the two paratypes (catalogue 14799)

I have contacted the curators at the Paleo Museum, U of California
Berkeley , but the Holotype seems to be missing.  The paratype (a
smaller specimen) is available. They will keep looking for the holotype.
In the meantime, here is my query:

1) Does anyone knows where this HOLOTYPE might be? As a loan?

2) Does anyone knows where the AM Strong collection is held?

Please answer to: ME hendrickx ([log in to unmask])

--
Michel E. HENDRICKX
Invest. Titular C

MORE INFORMATION IN:

https://www.icmyl.unam.mx/mazatlan/quienes_somos/personal_academico/michel-e-hendrickx-reners

List of publications: CLICK ON "Publicaciones 2018"

Regional Collection of Marine Invertebrates: CLICK on "COLECCION REGIONAL DE INVERTEBRADOS MARINOS - REGIONAL COLLECTION OF MARINE INVERTEBRATES"

Publications deep-water project (TALUD): CLICK ON "Deep-water project TALUD Proyecto aguas profundas"

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
E. Roosevelt

J'ai toujours dit ce que je pensais. Et cela, on ne vous le pardonne jamais.

Regular mail address:
Michel E. HENDRICKX
Laboratorio de Invertebrados Bentonicos
Unidad Academica Mazatlan, ICML, UNAM
P.O. Box 811 Mazatlan - Sinaloa 82000 MEXICO

Street address (for DHL, FedEx and the like):
Michel E. HENDRICKX
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Calzada Joel Montes Camarena s/n
Cerro del Creston Mazatlan - 82040 Sinaloa - MEXICO
e mail: [log in to unmask]        Tel./Phone (669) 9 85 28 45 al/to 48
Web site: http://ola.icmyl.unam.mx      Fax (669) 9 82 61 33